How We Started
Innovative Computer Services (ICS) opened for business on July 5th, 1990. The leadership of our organization worked for many years in the technical departments of Beurmann Marshall, a 65-year-old marketing services firm that was closing its doors. ICS started as a 5-person data processing service bureau and slowly began to grow into other marketing service areas.
Who We Are Today
Today, ICS has developed into a well-rounded marketing support organization. Leveraging the technical, marketing and logistical talents of its original leadership, ICS has approximately 50 employees working with over 150 clients each month, connecting with clients coast-to-coast. In 1999, ICS built a new 26,000 sq. ft. facility in Lansing, Michigan, just blocks from the Lansing Post Office. This facility serves as the main operations hub for the company. In 2007, we purchased the building next door, providing us with additional growth space for current and future needs.
Click here to learn more about the ICS Leadership team.
What We Do Best
The ICS Team serves the needs of marketing professionals - big and small. Whether we work directly with small to mid-sized businesses or with large Marketing Agencies serving the needs of their clients, we put our expertise in action to help companies grow their business.
We focus on providing value to our customers through:
- Extensive data and technology experience
- Advanced marketing disciplines
- Innovative strategic thinking
- Strong customer service orientation
- And a continuing focus on timely and quality delivery
And, here are just a few of the industries we serve:
- Non-Profit Services
ICS Quality System
The ICS differentiator for quality delivery is the process we follow each and every time critical operational steps are taken. We have excelled in providing a consistent quality process for each job that runs through our facility.
Below is a high level overview of our quality standards:
- File Prep Quality Review: Provides a consistent data quality check (required) each time a new file is processed (49 review points)
- Letter Setup Quality Review: Standard set of review points each time a new letter is created within a program
- Operations Quality Review: Standard procedures and review points that are followed each time processes are run
- Client Quality Review: Consistent client sign off procedures for data, lettercopy and assembly
- Production Quality Review: Standard production quality procedures and review points for verifying correct assembly of mail/fulfillment packages.
- Inventory receipt and management procedures: Standards for verifying and maintaining inventories for both secured and unsecured materials.
- Email Process: ICS's dedicated eTeam follows comprehensive quality standards for email communications. These steps include data setup, creative testing, CanSpam compliance audit, internal and client review/approval, variable data review/approval, opt-out management, bounce management and activity reporting.